Here are some of the things that we’re reading and watching now….
We believe that creativity is essential to future success and happiness. It’s important to teach kids how to develop and use their creativity
- Newsweek Magazine's “The Creativity Crisis”, Po Bronson and Ashley Merryman, Newsweek Magazine, July 19, 2010 “All around us are matters of national and international importance that are crying out for creative solutions…. Such solutions emerge from a healthy marketplace of ideas, sustained by a populace constantly contributing original ideas and receptive to the ideas of others.”
- Ted Talks: “Sir Ken Robinson makes an entertaining and profoundly moving case for creating an education system that nurtures (rather than undermines) creativity.”
- Sir Ken Robinson on Divergent Thinking - wonderfully creative animation!
- Brain Rules, by John Medina
- US Chamber of Commerce Report, Why Business Should Support Early Childhood Education, Sept. 2010
- Ted Talk: “Today's math curriculum is teaching students to expect -- and excel at -- paint-by-numbers classwork, robbing kids of a skill more important than solving problems: formulating them. At TEDxNYED, Dan Meyer shows classroom-tested math exercises that prompt students to stop and think.”
- Sec. Arnie Duncan talks about the importance of Early Childhood Education.
The Importance of Play